A realistic Dream

I would like to begin by firstly acknowledging a good friend of mine who unknowingly encouraged me to use this form of media as an expression for the many varied forms of writing, musings, lyrics and stories that constantly fill my already cluttered head. His blog is great and is one of the few that I continue to read, because he does it for the love and the need to write and express! You can follow the link here to check it out, if you fancy! Joe really conveys the passion of a true lover of games, and is a serious advocate for the genre. http://moviesgamesvidejoe.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Truth be told, this blog will be my outlet of creativity, like a balloon blown to its maximum expenditure. Unless the air is released it explodes, quite like my head, meaning this is my way to counteract an ungodly messy explosion of brains in my living room, and also a way to share my writing with you.
I came to a realisation a while back, after finishing my 2nd novel that being an author in the traditional sense was not for me.
I had the ideas, god knows, I had LOADS of ideas, but when attempting to write down said ideas and expand them over 100 or so pages, I got both overwhelmed and fatigued. I also came to the realisation (after only 30 years) that my attention span is ridiculously low, unless it comes to playing music or playing games, or of course, conversing with my wife!

So as you can imagine, a low attention span does not bode well for someone with aspirations of being an author. Now as I said earlier. I realised I did not want to be an author in the “traditional sense” therefore, writing novels, novellas in a standard chapter by chapter, unfolding stories traditional manner. Instead I want to find my own way of writing, something original. Yes, O.k its all a bit, two fingers to the air and a punk attitude, but screw it, that’s me!

This leads me to the title of this first entry, “A realistic dream” but it should more suitably be called “The death of a dream” because I will not be a published or financially successful author (Not with that attitude Christopher) I hear my secondary school form teacher say. but honestly, I won’t.

So with that pleasant thought in mind….. let me stop quickly, a slight digression once more to explain myself to both you and myself. This is not a negative outlook, quite the opposite to be honest, it’s an awakening, a pressure less pursuit! I can feel free to write when I please, how I please in a way that makes me happy, true creation. I know in myself that it is something that I need. I make my living from the music industry, because I love it, but also a “FUCK YOU!” to everyone who said I couldn’t! Music does in fact pay my bills, my mortgage and put food on our table, contrary to what everyone told young Christopher who first expressed the idea of being a musician as a career path.

I LOVE writing music and creating art, but my income is from teaching percussion. Before I joined Plague Artists ( https://www.facebook.com/PlagueArtists/ ) I used to be miserable simply teaching the same thing over and over, I almost disliked my job (Almost) but once I had a creative outlet, I.E the band, I began feeling rejuvenated and passionate about teaching once more….leading me onto the point of this post and this blog in general!

Without the restraints and confines of conforming to the idea of a traditional author mould, I can once again enjoy writing. So that is what this is about!

Realising the unrealistic goal of being a traditional author, letting that go, I can become an original and free writer. In more ways than one.

I will post my musings here with brief (yea right) commentary and explanations as often as I wish, and it’s all free too! Win-Win for everyone!

Thanks for joining me at the ground level!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I hate poetry, and poets.

Breakwater Troops